Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein
Winter season: 24/12/2016 to 02/04/2017
- Last snowfall: 19.03.2017
- Skiing are operating: no
Are you ready? For 30 kilometers finest powder? For the longest descent in Austria?
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein in Dachstein, in the Upper Austrian Salzkammergut region has been chosen as a hot spot for the freerider scene by the magazine SnowPlanet! And as well as the runs and cliff drops, the Krippenstein is convincing with its exciting programme of outdoor events –far removed from the mainstream.
Thirty kilometres of off-piste variants and the snow-assuredness of the Dachstein glacier area whet your appetite for powder snow and wide boards. Whether it’s skiing or snowboarding, the many variants in the Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein and the expanse of the Dachstein Plateau fills every powder snow fan with enthusiasm! Schönberg, Imisl and Eisgrube offer rough jagged ridges, slopes which are rich in diversity and select forest routes, 1500 metres altitude for each ride demands fitness and concentration.
Here are the areas to have fun on:
- 30 kilometres off piste variants
- the longest descent in Austria, at 11 kilometres in length
- the snow-assuredness of the Dachstein Glacier area and modern snow-making facilities 1500 metres altitude difference
- Signposted snowshoe trails to World heritage helix, 5fingers, Dachstein shark
- Cross country skiing at Krippenstein Gjaidalm
- an ultramodern cable car
- one hundred metres square high Alpine terrain to let off steam on
- relaxed Alpine huts and lodges where you get to relax (or really party)
- Mountain restaurant Dachstein Krippenstein with panoramic Dachstein view
- Event location/room with panorama terrace
- Groomed & signposted snowshoe-trails e.g. snowshoe trails to the Dachstein shark, viewing platform 5 fingers
- Special snowshoe offers, guided snowshoe tours and mountain safety camps
Latest weather information from the top of mountain:
Current weather info: http://22.214.171.124:4000/locationviewdetailed/84?item
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein, Winkl 34
- 9km - medium
- 3km - difficult
- Freeride area: 30km
further information:> Freeride- & ski school in the valley station
> Ski rental & shop in the valley station
> LVS system in the ski area
> Skiline service & free WiFi hotspots
> Yeti-Ticket: snow shoes hire + cable car journey
> Rumpler-Ticket for ski tourers
- Sports Shop
- Snow cannons: 73
- Tows: 3
- Chairlifts: 1
- Funicular: 3
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein will be open from 23 December 2017 right through until 2 April 2018!
Daily operating hours winter:
Cable car section I: from 8.30 a.m. to 4.50 p.m.
Cable car section II: from 8.40 a.m. to 4.40 p.m.
Cable car section III: from 8.50 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
(Gondola every 15 mins)!
Lift facilities: open from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
PS: For summer operation please visit www.dachstein-salzkammergut.com
Prices for a day ticket:
- Adult: € 37,40
- Youth: € 26,00
- Child: € 17,40
Further price information:PRICE INFORMATION
YETI-TICKET for snowshoe walkers
= cable car journey + snowshoe hire
RUMPLER-TICKET for ski tourers
General price information:
All offers subject to typographical errors, amendments and errors!
- Diners Club
- American Express
- cash dispenser
We have devised some special offers for coach, tour and school parties (from 20 people).
To enquire, call +43 (0) 50 140 or email@example.com!
* Salzburg - Highway A1 – Exit Thalgau – Bad Ischl – 25 km to Obertraun
* Vienna - Highway A1 – Exit Regau – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
* Villach - exit Golling or St. Martin - Richtung Gosau - Obertraun
* Graz - Liezen - Bad Aussee - Obertraun - Obertraun
By train: www.oebb.at and https://westbahn.at
* Vienna: Railway station Vienna West – Attnang Puchheim - Steinach Irdning
* Salzburg: Salzburg – Attnang Puchheim – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
By bus from Salzburg:
*Salzburg – Bad Ischl – Hallstatt
Parking feesFree of charge!
Shuttle serviceFree ÖBB ski bus for skier and snowboarder from Bad Isch to Obertraun!
Mehr Infos auf http://www.postbus.at/
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Other special suitabilities:
- Toilet facility
- Diaper room
- Freestyle (ski/board)
- Cross-country skiiing
- other winter sports: Snow shoe hiking, winter hiking, ice climbing, snowkiten, ski tours
Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein: Are you ready? For 30 kilometers finest powder? For the longest descent in Austria? Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein in Dachstein, in the Upper Austrian Salzkammergut region has been chosen as a hot spot for the...